Which industry-recognized credential is right for your students?
- Dive into the retail world, its career paths and industry jargon
- Study retail operations, product life cycles, and supply chains
- Know how the cost of goods sold impacts profit
- Build basic customer service and sales skills
- Practice job readiness skills
- Discover the value of quality customer service
- Improve your knowledge of different types of customers’ needs
- Master effective communication skills
- Design a sales plan and apply effective upselling strategies
- Acquire advanced retail skills
- See retail as a business and define the profit model
- Recognize inventory life cycle and inventory control
- Explore merchandising and marketing
- Understand loss prevention
- Learn the importance of workplace safety practices
- Understand how goods flow through the supply chain
- Learn how warehouse/distribution/fulfillment centers are designed and operated
- Calculate and explain key performance metrics
- Demonstrate safety measures and techniques
- Explore skills for warehousing jobs and career paths
The RISE Up Training Partner Program
Foundational Employability Skills
Help your students land jobs and get promoted in the retail industry and beyond
Flexible Delivery Options
Classroom, Online or Blended
For Any Student
or education level
Industry-Recognized Curriculum and Exams
developed in collaboration with more than 20 retailers:
Want to learn more about becoming a RISE Up Training Partner? Our team is ready to answer your questions.
Sign up for one of our free webinars today.
It is easy and free to set up your organization as a RISE Up training partner
Step 1: Register
Complete our partner registration form.
Give us one business day. We’ll send you a confirmation email.
Our RISE Up trainings are hosted by Penn Foster. The link in your email will take you to the site where you can create your account and log in.
Step 2: Purchase
Once you’ve created your account, you’re ready to purchase our RISE Up training.
Click on Purchase to select the materials you want.
All purchased materials will appear under Manage Licenses.
Step 3: Enroll
When you’re ready to enroll your students, click on Admissions and then select New Enrollment*.
Each student requires a unique name, email address and date of birth. (You may use organization’s address and phone number to protect student identity).
*Enrolling more than 25 individuals? Use our Bulk Upload option.
Your students will receive emails to complete their individual account registration and begin their training.
Students who pass the exams will automatically receive an email and a downloadable credential certificate. You can click Report to access the graduate report and you can download student certificates by clicking Certificate Download.
Our Proven Instructional Strategy
Your students study a block of content via reading, watching a video or discussing with classmates
Your students will reflect on what they have learned while completing activities - participating in scenarios, simulations and class discussions
Your students will receive feedback based on their performance provided via text or video, or verbally from their peers and their trainer
Realistic scenarios support active learning. Applying knowledge actively engages your students, develops their problem-solving and decision-making skills which helps them transfer the skills they learned to the job.
Hands-on activities are effective for skill development, allowing your students to apply and master key skills needed for the job and providing them a safe environment to practice, identify performance errors, and correct them.
Training Partner Resources
Core content for the course, activities and check-point test questions
Step-by-step guide to implement course content and activities
See What Our Partners Are Saying
RISE Up credentials give people who are looking for good jobs and economic stability the preparation and support they need. We hear from retailers that candidates who come to interviews holding a RISE Up credential are better prepared – and they’re performing better once hired.
Center for the Future of Arizona Director of Workforce Development Holly Kurtz
The online RISE Up curriculum was thorough yet easy to follow and for students to understand. With a background in the retail industry, I was able to relate some real-life stories to the students throughout the course, which helped reinforce what was in the curriculum.
Rio Salado College Instructor Dwight Montjar
We love the virtual RISE Up training. Many of our students have very little employment history. The RISE Up Retail Industry Fundamentals online lessons and testing was perfect for students during the pandemic. It provided students with a credential to add to their resume and made them more employable.
Eckerd Connects Program Manager Courtney Rouse
Choose the industry-recognized credential that's right for your students: